Though there are many benefits to choosing a cloud-based ERP solution, one of the biggest is simple: Twice-annual updates that add value for users. Once again, Acumatica has announced new functionality, and there are some impressive new features being added in their second release of 2020—Acumatica R2 2020.
Acumatica is bringing a wide range of improvements to the platform designed to make end users’ lives easier, deliver productivity enhancements for companies, and push the market forward. In this, Acumatica has built the R2 2020 release around three themes:
- Providing a Modern Experience That Helps You Work Smarter, Not Harder
- Connecting a Strong Core with Best-in-Class Functionality
- Delivering Technology Leadership on a Future-Proof Cloud Platform
Learn how they intend to make this happen below or watch our Acumatica 2020 R2 Launch Event.
Work Smarter, Not Harder: Usability Enhancements and Time Saving Improvements
Acumatica has long prided itself on offering an intuitive and usable platform that’s not only easy to learn, but able to deliver. Already a leader in the Nucleus Research Value Matrix, written to compare vendors on functionality and usability, Acumatica has continued to do more to maintain or even improve their standing in this report.
From time saving enhancements to error reduction through automation, Acumatica’s 2020 R2 release is focused on making the product even faster and easier to use. Among the usability enhancements coming to the platform:
- Automatically create AP documents from vendor bills, simplifying the approval workflow and facilitating payments.
- Instantly access up to 500 recently viewed records, cutting down loading times and unnecessary wait.
- Find information and retrieve data more easily with query join suggestions and previews.
- Reduce time spend looking up information with address lookup and enrichment.
Power Growth: Functionality Improvements
From the core financial management system—the backbone for any great ERP—to the industry-specific improvements built to improve decision making, Acumatica continues to strengthen its best-in-class product functionality with mission-critical capabilities and productivity aids.
The core functionality through which all data flows, financial management is always atop the list of priorities for users and vendors. Acumatica R2 2020 continues to add functionality, making a variety of processes more efficient. From simplifying cross-company sales opportunities to streamlining bank reconciliation to offering a better experience for centralized financial management, Acumatica continues to build. Here are just some of the biggest enhancements:
- Boost cross-company sales by enabling related companies to buy and sell from each other
- Manage customer visibility with centralized account management
- Streamline monthly tasks with intuitive bank reconciliation improvements
Retail and ecommerce vendors have continued to need new improvements—especially in 2020. Whether it’s a better way to work with customers or new processes like curbside delivery provided by Cloud 9, companies in this space need constant improvement. In their latest update, Acumatica has put a few necessary improvements into action that help you to:
- Boost B2C commerce with our powerful Shopify integration
- Simplify the buyer experience with improved shipment tracking, refund processing, and buyer notifications
Manufacturing and Distribution Firms
Two industries in need of visibility, control, and speed, companies in the manufacturing and distribution space continue to benefit from Acumatica’s innovation. Among the improvements made, Acumatica will empower manufacturing and distribution firms to:
- Track production outputs and get your products to market faster with an embedded third-party quality module
- Reduce bad debt and simplify collections with streamlined payment and credit card processing
- Prevent overpayment by validating bills against purchase orders
Field Service Companies
Running a field service business is tough. Keeping customers up to date, equipping the right people with the right tools and inventory, and delivering top notch service each play a role in running a successful business.
However, until now, Acumatica lacked an option to set up field service appointments to span days, making it hard for companies to get an accurate reading into travel and break time with multi-day appointments. A much-requested feature, Acumatica recently added this in their latest release.
Driving the Market Forward with a Future-Proof Platform
Acumatica has long focused not just on improvement—but innovation. Knowing this, the company isn’t just making the product more usable, they’re adding technology set to drive the market forward. Among the platform enhancements, users will see new improvements that allow for low-code or no-code customization and sophisticated capabilities such as data visualization, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning (ML).
Here are just some of the improvements:
- Leverage AI and ML to create AP documents automatically
- Modify workflows visually using our sophisticated visual state automation engine
- Unify notification workflows using our powerful business events engine
- Track real-time data changes with unified notifications using business events
- Utilize OData 4.0 to securely access data without creating generic inquiries
- Respond easily to standard dialog questions in Acumatica from your mobile device with mobile dialog box support
Continued Improvement, the Right Partner: Cloud 9 ERP Solutions and Acumatica
Cloud 9 ERP Solutions provides solutions that can bring you game changing control over your business. With our flag ship ERP Solution in conjunction with decades worth of experience in business consulting, we can help your business grow to new heights.
Not only are we a Gold Certified Acumatica Partner, we took home some pretty prestigious awards at Summit, including the Evangelist Partner Award, as well as nominations for Excellence “Time to Value” Award and Excellence “Commerce” Award.